"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 5, 2011

This week's highlights

This week has gone by awfully fast! It is strange, with no job I figured I would be having to come up with stuff to do, but my days are pretty full. One of the interesting things that I did this week: I took Lindsey Lorin to the airport. She is such an amazing employee of Wells Fargo that she gets to go to New Jersey for a week and a half. I'm completely jealous. I went to Delaware a couple of summers ago and went to New Jersey for the day...loved it. But not only that, she gets to explore Philadelphia and New York! All expenses paid; food, gas, rental car, her suite, her flight, and her salary. I am so proud of her for doing so well in her career. I got to drive her Mazda 3 home. It's a manual, and since I have never consistently driven a manuel, I was nervous, because she is particular about her things. But, no worries, I did just fine. Her car is the easiest manual I have ever driven. Along the drive, I gazed upon the beautiful mountains. I am grateful everyday I get to witness their beauty. The thing that makes me so mad though is looking at all the smog from the city! I wish it didn't have to be like that because it takes away from the beauty of it all. I realized you rarely ever see that in St. George...
I also decided to tackle the task of mopping our floor. I may have mentioned before, but our house was built in 1938. I absolutely love it! It took a little TLC to make it feel like home, but it's great. We had to buy a shower head hose, because the only bathroom in the house is only a tub...no shower. There was years of built up dust and gunk on counter surfaces and the floor. Zach bought some amazing cleaning spray and scrubbed the counters for us. It made me love him even more. Well, one night we had friends over and we were talking about our wonderful house and Zach thought to spray the floor with the gunk spray, just to prove a point about how the house has needed a little attention. Two minutes later he wiped it up, and to our amazement the floor was basically a different color! There was a lot of buildup. So I decided to spray the whole floor and try to get it back to the original color. It was hard work, and I got a small section done before I decided to just mop everything and do the de-gunking one section at a time! This little experience explains why my mother insisted on chores every Saturday. It may not appear that things are getting dirty...but they are! I have resolved to be more resilient in deep cleaning more often.
Last night, Zach and I joined Nate and Megan for dinner and Utah gymnastics. They have a kids free weekend, so they wanted something fun to do. Zach and I have a kids free weekend all the time, but we still appreciate the fact that they are kid free! We understand that one day it won't be that way and are grateful to not have to pay the price of babysitters and work in the time just yet. We went to Buca di Beppo, which Nate informed us was very similar to the restaurants in Italy. It was scrumptious. Zach couldn't wait to go. We had gone once before and loved it. This time didn't disappoint. So much good food! Then gymnastics...Wow! First of all, Utah is like 2nd in the nation so it was bound to be good. But they were amazing. I can't even imagine my body being able to do the things they do. I was impressed. Plus, Zach let me get some cotton candy so my night was complete.
Yesterday and today have gone by so fast, and I know the reason why. We have stayed in bed until ten or eleven both days! It seriously takes half of the day away! In a way, it is good, because then I make a huge list of all I want to accomplish, then turbo to get it finished. I still need to work in homework, shopping (for groceries and clothes), dinner, and the gym! I much prefer my days to be busier than slow, so I am okay with this. And again, I realize life won't always allow us to sleep in on Fridays and Saturdays or stay up so late, so I appreciate the opportunity now.
I am going to try to blog a little more often. Then more experiences will be recorded, my posts won't be so long, and I won't take a large chunk of a Saturday to update everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment