"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The joys of life.

Where to even begin! I knew with a job blogging would be a lot harder to stay consistent with! I am just finishing up my second week, and I like it better everyday. Everyone I work with is awesome, and that really makes a huge difference in how much I enjoy my job. We have a softball team, and I got recruited to be First Base! First practice is Saturday, and I am going to need it! I haven’t played softball since 8th grade. I don’t even have a mitt. But despite the lack of recent experience and materials, I am extremely excited. It’s bound to be loads of fun, and I always love gettin down and dirty with a bit of exercise mixed in.

Getting accustomed to my new work schedule, my gym attendance was a little sporadic. But, with restraints on time, I feel like I make the most out of my workouts, so I view it as a good thing. I definitely go through motivation cycles, but right now I am so motivated! I feel so good when I workout, and I have started training for another triathlon. I don’t have a bike yet, so I am just pretending for now, and planning to be ready when I get a bike. It works for me! It keeps my workouts intense and fun, and I just envision actually racing. I have a little secret concerning motivation-I recently told Zach my secret, and it didn’t seem like it would work as well for him but anyway- I am a huge fan of Jason Bourne, and when I am running I picture him in the second movie running on the beach and it makes me do SO much better! Haha I just think to myself, I can be super hardcore like Jason, so I better push myself a little harder. Trust me, it works.

Now, a little more about my trip to Hurricane – I am still suffering from a fabulous sunburn. My shoulders have almost peeled entirely off. I’m not complaining though because it is the first color of have had in months! We went to Zion’s and hiked around, then the next day we went to see the Indian writings by my house. I almost didn’t go, and that would have been a huge mistake. My mom always takes relatives on that hike, but I had yet to go. It was so much fun! We had to wade through the river, (Karen was so nervous, and I must say it was exhilarating!) walk in the sand and mud, crawl through basically a forest, to come upon some rocks that had etchings all over them. There was also a cave that I didn’t know existed, which was way cool. On the way back, wading across the river again was a sight to behold. My mom and I went first, holding hands. Then Scott and Steve both held Karen’s hands because the water was swift. After I almost took my mom in, I looked back and could not help but burst out laughing. The sight was just so funny-all three holding hands, waist deep in the river, with big smiles on their faces! It made my day. We also hiked straight up a mountain, and I was pretty proud of myself. Between the laughing, the sun, and the memories, I had this overwhelming desire to buy Zach and me some fourwheelers, pack up, and move back! I guess that is what lack of sunshine does to you! The idea is still playing in my head, but I know it wouldn’t be at least for a few years if that were to happen, so I am content to just daydream.

And last of all, my success with Harry Potter! I finished all seven books in record time! I am not sure how long, but I think like a week and a half. Yeah, Zach was somewhat neglected and started noticing about Year 3. Once I finished Year 7, it was the strangest feeling. I was almost sad it was over…but worry not! I had already ordered the first six movies, so we began Year 1 the very night I finished. It helped buffer the wave of depression I felt at the closing of the last book. This is great too, because now Zach can obsess with me! I’m not joking when I say that I think J.K. Rowling is a genius, and I have seriously considered writing her some fan mail to let her know just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment