"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My New Job.

I finally got a job!! I had interviewed at Stevens-Henager College, and then prepared for a second interview, which was a group interview with candidates and a panel. I started preparing for it about five days before, then I got a call Monday morning that it was postponed til Tuesday due to sickness. I think that may have been a good thing, because I stopped worrying so much. The interview went really well. I was worried about answering intelligently and everything, but when I got in the room, I was so comfortable. I interviewed with three other candidates, all were male, and I think we were all pretty nervous. But, like I said, I was comfortable and felt that I had good answers to their questions. I honestly believe I had a little higher power helping me out because I felt that I could answer eloquently, better than I expected. After the interview, the Director of Admissions said he would call us by noon about his decision. The next day I was stressing out. Noon came and went. I was thinking "this can only mean something bad" and then I was thinking "No, they are just busy." My stomach was probably on the verge of getting an ulcer. Zach and I went to the gym, and it just so happens that is when the call came. I went to check my phone and I had missed it by two minutes, so I hurried and called back. I knew almost immediately that I had gotten the job and I couldn't keep the excitement out of my voice. Zach was trying to give me privacy but eavesdrop at the same time and he started freaking out too! This was a day we had been waiting for for months! I was so excited not only because it is a job, or that it will bring in money, but because I have decided I want to work in an educational environment, and that is exactly what I will be doing. I will be helping people better their lives and opportunities. I much prefer that feeling versus the feeling of pushing tangible products that may not make such a big difference in people's lives. I am so happy with this position and am so grateful that during these hard times in the economy that I was able to secure a decent job that I am sure I will love!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for your new job! I LOVE working at Stevens Hengaer :) I'm the receptionist at the Lehi location. And what's pretty funny is our DOA moved to Continuing education and an AC from Provo came to Lehi to be our new DOA. So looks like your taking his position! You'll do a great job and I hope you like it as much as I do! It's just too bad that the position wasn't at the Lehi one, then we could work together!

    Dos

    ( oh and Uno works for them at their St. George location!!!)

    ReplyDelete