"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

9 miles!

I made history last night....I ran 9 miles. Further than ever in my life.

I am actually finishing this post a few weeks later, but that day still marks an important day. The reason it matters so much is because I told myself that I was going to do something, and that I could do something, and therefore I did it. It is so important to believe in yourself to accomplish goals.

That was a hard run, and I did it all at the gym, on the treadmill. I hadn't run more than three since my 10k because my hips had been having issues, but I knew I could handle it. I got to six and was ready to be done, but reminded myself what I said I was going to do, so I pushed on. Now, I have run further than nine, and as my distance goals increase, I'm not scared. Each time I begin I tell myself I know I can do it, and the fact that I believe in myself allows me to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I have been such a slacker but you definitely motivate me! Keep it up! Oh and this is also a request to update your blog...it has been too long! :-)

    ReplyDelete