"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 10, 2011

Blissful moments.

This past weekend was simply amazing. Nothing even crazy exciting happened, but I was totally happy. I got off early on Friday again...YAY!...and drove home to Z-Dub. It had been raining and freezing cold all week so of course I bundled up in leggings, sweatpants, long-sleeved shirt, scarf, and sweater since I am WAY too cheap to turn on the freaking heater in the beginning of October! Then we decided to go to the gym, which is always magnificent. I have become an addict, going twice a day sometimes. Wonderful way to spend free time, I totally recommend it. Anyway, we had plans to go the "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" play that night, but I had been stressing a little about the weather because it was still raining AND the play was outdoors AND I had already paid for it AND I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave the cozy snuggleness of our house, but we decided we might as well. The play itself was mediocre, but I'm so glad we went. It was fun to do something outside (even in the light rain) and to remember what the story even was. It was by the state mental hospital and the road was dark and scary and gave me enough of a scare for the Halloween season, so now I'm set. No need for haunted houses. I'm so over those now...rather they freak me out more than when I was younger...but over it sounds tougher....

Saturday was a total rainy day stay in the house kind of day, which was fine because I'm in the middle of The Lost Symbol, which is a book by Dan Brown and quite intriguing. I love reading, but don't usually dedicate the time now that I am a working woman...
We also had tickets to the movies for Saturday night, and again, we couldn't decide if we wanted to go! I don't know what it is about having plans, but I have always been like that...get excited about something up until the time arrives and then I don't want to do it. But, I have learned to just do it and I never regret it. This time was no different. We went to the Jordan Commons which is a way sweet movie theater because it is like a little town in the theater with different food places and stuff. Well, we decided to see a movie that was two hours later, so we walked around, snuggled on a bench out in the cold, got a bite to eat and got to see a movie Zach had been talking about for a while. In the middle of all this, Zach found a wallet, contacted the owner who we met up with and gave it back, and he was the good samaritan for the night. He was happy about it, I could tell.

Sunday was awesome because we had cleaned the house on Saturday, so it felt wonderful. I had a grand old time in nursery where I started wanting to have kids of my own so I got to daydream about that all day. Then I made dinner and a birthday cake for Lindsey Lorin, read some more, and then her and TanTan came over. Birthday celebration! Tanner and Zach bonded over football and Linds and me played card games that took us back to our childhood.
Not a bad weekend, not a bad weekend at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment