"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

Christmas in St. George! We found out afterward that next year we won't be able to travel that far away, due to Zach's job description, so this is our last one down there for at least a year, maybe more.
Zach knew he would be doing tons of training for work for the next several months, so he wanted to make sure and spend some extra time with his parents. We were separated more than the usual because I was running back and forth trying to see both families, finish shopping for Zach, my parents, and do Scott's shopping for my parents, and I also wanted to get together with old buddies and play some bball. After all was said and done, I was not exactly rested from the vacation, but had a wonderful time.
My dad and I ran almost daily together around Sand Hollow. Some grand times those are. We would try to go early, otherwise it wouldn't happen. We ran about three miles a day, on the SG Tri and Kokopelli route. I even got to wear just a T-shirt since it was sunny Southern Utah. I have a hard time explaining why I love working out with my dad so much, but I totally do. I think its because we both get excited over the same aspects and we are close to the same speeds, and he really makes me feel good about myself with his encouragement. I am so glad that he and my mom live such active, healthy lifestyles and that I grew up knowing how fun it can be to get out and be active.
We hiked, went shooting with Zach's dad, lounged around, and played with the grandkids. It was a pretty Merry Christmas in our family!













*My mom is basically the only one that took pictures the whole trip...that's why there aren't any of Zach's family. One day I hope to overcome my forgetfullness of cameras and remember to take some!

No comments:

Post a Comment