"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We found a house! It totally came out of the blue. I was all settled in to consistently look for months until we found exactly what we wanted. I was going to move in with Nate and Megan when Zach left, and continue the search. Apparantly, that was not in our plan! One Friday, as we were out house shopping, we met up the the Edge builders. We went through their two-story, and we were really excited. Then she showed us a rambler, and we loved it. Then I took a second and thought to myself "no wonder we are loving everything, it is $20,000-$40,000 out of our price range. We really need to stop looking at these ones." I voiced my opinion and we moved on to another subdivision they had. We went in one, and I thought, "I love this entryway, I love this house, I love this basement." I asked the price and got frustrated because we still weren't in our price range. I didn't know why she was even showing them to us! As we finished that day, I was a little discouraged because it was all too much. Well, she encouraged us to offer what we could and see what happened. So we offered on the one that I loved everything about, and wa-la! They accepted. How it worked was sweet for us though, because we thought our realtor was offering our decided-on price, but he offered even lower, and they countered with what we thought we were offering anyway! Win-Win.


So, we moved forward with the whole process and went from this....


to this!!!





I insisted upon dark cabinets.


This couch gave us weeks of grief and stress. Over Christmas, we walked into Ashley Furniture, found it, and it was love at first sight! We found it when we got home and were ready to purchase, but measured it and thought it would be too big for our room. We looked and looked and couldn't find anything we liked as much, that was as comfortable, or that was as good of a deal. So, we risked it. We kept the order and had it delivered. AND...it fit! All the time spent shopping for something else was almost a waste, except that it confirmted to me how much I love my couch!


We had bought a different entertainment center, but then I found this, and had to return it and get this instead! It was so much more classy and beautiful, and I love it everytime I look at it.


Our new living room, where fun times will be had. By the way, I love that swivel chair! It is huge and a big part of why we wanted that set so bad.







No comments:

Post a Comment