"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 9, 2012

First week of 2012

Holy cow! This last week has been the busiest week that I can remember.

New Years at the other White household: (Since I am again writing this post weeks later, I do not have a memory full of vivid details) But we did spend a lot of the day over there, the chicken cordon bleu was insanely superb, and we played Settlers of Catan. A grand old time. We slept over because the next day we had a ski day! The kids are getting so good and it was one of the best ski days I had had so far. Not sure why, but my skills seemed a little better than normal and I had a blast.

Tuesday was little Zach's birthday, and he invited us to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate. Delish.

Wednesday we went to close on our new house! We met up in Salt Lake at the title company, and it went really well. Not as bad as people make it sound when they say "Like buying a house" in regards to tons of paperwork. The only hiccup was our stinking insurance company ended up putting a lot more on our policy and I didn't understand why. Come to find out they changed it to Zach's name and he apparantly costs more than me. Other than that, pretty quick and easy, like 1 1/2 hours, and I got a free pen and a new house!

Thursday, Zach got off work early so he could get started on moving. We were waiting for word that we were allowed to move in, which took forever...but word finally came and the mister got to work. I was glad he at least started because once I got off of work, the last thing I wanted to do was move all our stuff. Nate called Zach to see if we had help. We didn't. Zach and I have a little bit of pride when accepting help from others, or maybe just ego thinking we can do it all ourselves....but Nate and Meg would have none of it. They brought the 4 kids, 2 pizzas, and lots of help. We got everything moved! I was so tempted to quit three different times, but they kept insisting we could get more and were almost done. Their help was one of the things I have been most thankful for in a long time. After Meg and the kids left, Zach and Nate were getting one more load, I was unpacking and could not stop smiling. I was so happy! Our house is amazing and I could just picture it all coming together.

I'll just quickly summaraize my busiest week ever at work: projects for accreditation, compiling reports, files, meeting with students, bus passes, planning for 2012, brochures...Yeah, I did it all, on top of buying a house, moving, and saying goodbye to my lover for 2 months. I'm not ashamed to say that I was pretty proud of myself.

Saturday was our last day together before Zach left. We had spent Friday organizing the house a bunch. I really wanted to ski, but we thought we had too much to do, so we decided not to. We ran a bunch of errands with some serious efficiency, and Zach realized he had to run up to Salt Lake for some gear from his unit. The whole day I was trying to work out a way to still hit the slopes, so I decided to load up our ski stuff and we would jaunt on over to Alta as soon as we were done. Zach brought me to his unit, which was cool. As we were going in, there was fresh snow, and I couldn't help myself but to chuck a snowball at Zach. I knew once I did that to take off running so I booked it. He still got me. His first snowball seriously grazed my cheek at 50mph. He got me a good three or four more times before I took sanctuary in the armory. After showing me all their cool toys, we headed up to Alta. I was so happy that we did! There was some new snow, amazing jumps, and it was fun to finally ski with Zach. He usually ditches me when there are more people, but since it was just us, we skiied together. Heading home, we were stuck on the mountain for over an hour due to an accident, and during this time we decided sushi was where it's at for dinner. So we called Nate and Meg, they joined us with the kids, and we had some terrible service but some good sushi to end our last night together.

Kinda a lot to take in for one week, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment