"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Day in the Perfect Life

Yesterday was the best day.
I woke up to our little baby's playful coos while he hung out in his crib.
Next, Zach and I made a scrumptious breakfast and enjoyed it together.
We then headed to a nursery to find an apricot tree, a decorative tree, and some strawberries. Score on all three.
We had lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant. They have awesome food and an awesome $6.99 lunch special. Yes, please.
As we ran all of these errands, twice Terran fell asleep holding on to my finger. Sweet moments.
As we arrived home, I took care of my mom duties while Zach got to work in the yard. Terran and I joined him and the weather was great. Add the fact that the sexy, hard working, good-at-everything-outdoors man was my husband, I was feeling pretty good about life.
I left Zach with Terran once to work on dinner and as I came outside, I heard squealing and laughing. I thought it was the neighbor kids at first, but quickly realized it was my little boy playing with his daddy. Do you know how many feel-goods run through my body when I witness such a thing? Quite a few.
We then proceeded to have dinner as a family. I told Zach that I felt happy and you know what his response was? "This is what it's all about, isn't it?" And it really is.
After dinner, Zach said he couldn't wait to play a game with Terran, where Zach would look away and Terran would say "Hey!" and Zach would look at him and make him laugh. I told Zach that he already does that, without saying hey. So, Zach started playing it with him and Terran even started doing the "Hey!" part, but in baby language. It seriously was so funny. He did it time after time, then would laugh really hard when Zach looked back at him. I would bust up every time.
Terran was getting tired and went to bed extremely easy after his tub. That is always nice after a long day....
I had previously determined that one way or another, I was going to run 6 or 7 miles that day. Since I hadn't yet, I decided to go as soon as I put Terran to bed. I went, I ran, and I felt great!
Now, although this was a play-by-play account of our day, it truly was great. I just hope recording it helps me remember back to these wonderful times.
Trying to protect him from the sun...he still has a nice farmer's tan coming on though.


Planters are now ready for seeds! And, we finally found an apricot tree. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment