"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pool time!

We took Terran to the pool for the first time on Friday. By the time Zach and I both got ready and we ran to the store for some swim diapers, I realized the timing was bad. Sure enough, Terran yawned a huge yawn right as we pulled into the parking lot. I was bummed. Terran has been skipping his last nap of the day, but this one was a little early to skip. He was tired as I got him in the water, but he didn't seem to mind it much. In fact, since there was so much to see and so many kids around, he was pretty occupied.
Check out my one piece....first time wearing one of those in years and years. When I pulled it out, Zach said "That looks like an old mom swimming suit!" I briefly got angry at him because when I bought it last year he said it was cute. Once I put it on, it didn't look too bad and Zach took his words back.


 After Terran and I sat in the water and he got his big yawn out, he got a little more interested. Zach was kinda being a baby and didn't want to get in and be cold, but the desire to play with his little boy finally overcame him and he joined us. We took Terran in the lazy river, and he mostly just chilled out.

Once we got out of the water, Terran overcame his tiredness and had a blast playing on the lounge chair and getting stripped down. I'm thinking I am gonna get him a speedo type swim suit...he is more down to show some skin than be protected from UV rays...

No comments:

Post a Comment