"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 8, 2013

Memorial Day 5K

A little late of a post, but I just found Zach's pics of my 5K on Memorial Day. I had been wanting to do a race, any race, on Memorial Day and I just so happened to find one that was free but welcomed donations to support veterans. Ok, I'm in! I had originally planned to do the 10K, but my ankle was having pretty bad issues the week before, so I decided to just do the 5k and enjoy the holiday.
I definitely started out too fast (which is a huge reason I want to do a half marathon before my marathon!) but evened out over the run. My time was 25 minutes and some change, which made me happy.
 It was beautiful. We ran through American Fork and the last mile-ish was through the cemetery. There were flags along the whole course and a ton of participants. I am so glad I found the race and I hope we can make it a family tradition of some sort. They allow strollers and kids so I will probably be able to convince Zach to do it next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment