"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 24, 2013

7 Months

Terran is keeping me extremely busy! He likes to walk everywhere, with me holding his hands. When he is with someone else who isn't walking him, he reaches for me because he knows that is what we do. He is dang close to crawling. He can get up on his hands and knees, move backward a little bit, but he hasn't figured out how to move his arms to get going forward.
He is our little explorer baby who cares more for anything outdoors versus any kid toy I can offer him. He loves swimming - he kicks like crazy and has a little doggy paddle going on.
He has recently started throwing fits when something happens he doesn't like, most often me trying to make him take a break from walking and sit down for a minute. But, also included in that is getting in his car seat or putting on his PJ's. Instant, loud, bloody-murder screaming ensues. I'm learning to handle that okay I think.
Still a terrible sleeper. When we get home (I have been in Hurricane for almost two weeks while Zach is in Missouri) I am thinking more intervention will occur. However, he has lengthened his naps for the most part. He generally takes three naps a day. One or two will be about thirty to forty minutes still, with another being about an hour and a half, as long as I am there to feed him when he wakes up thirty minutes into it.
How else can I describe our amazing child? He lights up everyone's day with his scrunchy-nose smile, he just got his top two teeth in, he lays his head on my chest when he gets tired, he loves peek-a-boo, he loves anticipating someone coming to tickle him, he is a thrill loving daredevil, he loves breastfeeding - more to fall asleep than to actually eat I think, he is a blue-eyed, strawberry-blonde haired heartthrob, he is a little baby genius - extremely aware and observing, he looks at things and figures out how they work, he knows where the fun is at and how to get there. Little T-Dub is a big handful of work but a chunky bundle of joy and laughter.


Loves the tub toys Grandma got him - the crab and turtles are his favorite.


Loves my green smoothies!




Prefers to drink his rice cereal than to use a spoon.

My snuggle bug

No comments:

Post a Comment