"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Park City

The last three days, Zach's team was up in Park City for some mandatory annual briefs. The wives and families were allowed to come up and stay at the hotel and see them after work. I have to be honest and say that I was tempted not to go. I didn't really want to pack up all of Terran's toys and bathroom, swim, sleep, play necessities, and keep him entertained in a town where I am not that familiar with what it has to offer. However, I decided for the sake of family time that it would be worth my packing and loading/unloading efforts. It was. Terran and I were able to explore a small portion of the city's trail system, hitting up the famous main street, and finding a fun park to play in the wood chips and sand. Terran was more interested in rocks, wood, leaves, and bugs than the toys, and it is really all the same to me as I bend over and help him walk all over the place so we enjoyed that. We had a few nice dinners with Zach, Chinese (my first time at a real Chinese restaurant in a LONG time) and Italian. Fuego's Bistro and Pizzeria - definitely recommend! Anything pizza and I am down. :)

As we got to the hotel on Monday night, Terran was extremely excited. Something new, I suppose. He was so happy to explore the pillows and the mirrors and the bathroom. He LOVED the bathroom and we couldn't figure out why. Up until this point, he has mainly just been crawling two steps(knees?) and would sit up. Monday he decided to take off! He was crawling all over the bed and all over the room. He was pulling himself up on my luggage and against the bed into standing positions. As the week went on, he just got better and better. He still prefers to walk, but will crawl if in a good mood or necessary.

Water is the only thing that can keep this kid occupied at restaurants.

Jogging the trail system.




 
View of Heber

Explorer baby

Our little family
The night we went to the pizzeria, Zach and I both weren't ready to just go back to the hotel. Since it was rainy, we went to Starbucks for some hot cocoa and cake pops. Topped the night off right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment