"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

These past couple weeks have been filled with family time. We ended up in St. George for Zach's work and were able to stay for another week for Thanksgiving. 

The first week, while Zach was working, Terran and I stayed at my parents. We were able to spend enough time together that Terran remembered who Grandma and Grandpa were and would love on them and play with them pretty hard. He also loved Baby Kitty...He would tackle him and pat him and just walk over to stand by him. Now everyone thinks I should get him a cat, but I'm not buying on that just yet.

We then stayed at Zach's parents' house. Zach was able to get a lot of gun time in with his dad.  His new thing is coyote calling and they went three days in a row, after he bought a new rifle, or course. Terran was able to play with kids his own age, Kenton and James, which he seemed to really enjoy.  He is thicker than both of them and by the end of the week he was treating James much like Baby Kitty, with pats and tackles. Although sometimes it seemed like he was trying to give hugs too. As for me, I did a lot of sampling of Grandma Sandy's cheeseball, peppermint dipped pretzels, and whatever other goodies were around. This was justified by my Gobbler race and beautiful bike ride with Stan. By the way, I PR'ed at the race,  clocking in at 49:07. 7:54 min/mile. I was pretty happy about that.

While we were down south,  Terran learned how to wave and dance.  He just started dancing one night when we were watching the YouTube clip "What does the fox say?" Ever since, it seems like he has lost control of his body when music comes on... it almost seems involuntary the way his body just starts moving! My parents taught him to wave and now he does it when we tell him and randomly, like when he is watching TV or something. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful!!!!! And Terran looks just like you. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete