"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 10, 2014

Family Home Evening

With the new year, Zach and I sat down and evaluated our life. We found several areas that we wanted to be better at, so we made a list of S.M.A.R.T goals. The S.M.A.R.T part is a bit of leftover college education that essentially means your goals need to be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound.

Family home evening was on that list of goals we made. We decided it was realistic to do FHE every Monday night. Up until this point, we would jokingly call an activity we happened to do on Monday FHE and maybe a handful of scattered times in our marriage we actually consciously held FHE. To help forge the habit and make it simple enough to become a weekly activity, we decided reading the Ensign was a great way to have a spiritual lesson.

So far, we have been doing a decent job. I think we have only missed one week. At least when we both aren't out of town.

Tonight we read an article on prayer and how to make it more meaningful.  I feel like I already try hard to make my prayers meaningful, but there are inevitably times where it sounds just like the prayer I said the night before. This article had five ways to make prayer more meaningful. Find a private place, kneel to pray, pray vocally, express gratitude, and pray for others. It was a good reminder and helpful article. I love that these little things help make my testimony stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment