"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Dogtown Half Marathon

My first half marathon is in the books! I signed up for the Dogtown Half because the timing of it was perfect for my overall Ironman training. I also wanted to do a half since I have done a full!

I told my friend Kristen to sign up since she is running a full in May,  so she did. My dad was resistant but I didn't push because deep down I knew he would sign up in the end. The week of I got a text one night saying he was signed up. :)

Although I didn't feel ready and it was quite a struggle to get through, I still beat my goal and enjoyed the race. My goal was 1:47 since that is half the Boston Qualifying time. Since Terran had been sick and I didnt feel way ready, I mentally prepared to be okay with the 1:50-2:00 range. I got 1:46:38!! So what this means is that my dream/goal of Boston Qualifying is actually becoming more realistic! I'm pretty sure my training for that will come after we get another babe to join our family, but believe me, I will be thinking about it!

I enjoyed the Dogtown Half course and getting a sunburn in February isn't really a bad thing. February always seems like the time of year I dream of living in SG again....

No comments:

Post a Comment