"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stubborn? Headstrong? Leader?

While we spent about a week at my parent's house,  both my mom and my dad commented on how Terran is going to be a leader. This has made me contemplate the idea quite a bit since then.

Terran has come into a stage where fits are pretty much an everyday occurrence.  We get the body thrown back, lay on the floor screaming, banging his hands into my legs kind of fits. And even though that makes him sound like a little terror, it's really not that bad. I think the most interesting part is that it shows such a strong side of his personality. Terran often knows what he wants and it is very difficult to deter him.

Zach and I were talking about the leader comments and Zach reminded me that in Terran's baby blessing Zach said how Terran will be a leader not only to his siblings but to those around him. He mentioned that during the blessing he remembered thinking "am I saying these things because this is really for him or because that is what I want for him?" After thinking that thought he said he had a feeling that that is who Terran was going to be.

When my dad first said he would be a leader, I joked that yeah, he would be the football team captain. I still think that is a possibility,  but zach and I also think Terran is destined for great things. He already has

No comments:

Post a Comment