"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter

I love holidays - all holidays!- and Easter is obviously one of them. I dropped the ball a little bit on realizing Terran could totally participate in an Easter Egg Hunt. Zach was working on a final paper for the semester and decided to go to the office to work on it Saturday morning. Around 9:45 it hit me that we should have done an Easter Egg Hunt! I quickly looked them up and there was only one that went past 10, so that's where we headed. It turned out to be pretty fun with the hunt, storytellers, and vendors. Terran actually hunted! He got about six eggs. After putting a couple in my bag, he got one for each hand, then watched everyone else.

The vendors were actually pretty cool. There was photographer set up, and we signed up for a free Zumbini class (music and dancing for 0-3 year olds) which was fun for Terran and I the next week. There was a weird cat in the hat mascot thing that Terran was intrigued by but wouldn't go near.

Before we left the house, I had planned to visit the duck park after since it was by the venue. Terran, of course, loved chasing the ducks! They weren't hungry at all, so I figured everyone had the same idea in the last week or so.

Easter Sunday we had Scott and Lindsey over. We were going to BBQ, but then I decided to be more traditional and do ham and potatoes with green bean casserole and rolls. It was so fun to visit with them! I actually quite like hosting holidays. I have become a little bit of a homebody and prefer to be home on special days like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment