"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ironman St. George 70.3: Quick Overview

The day finally came. Ironman St. George 70.3. I have only talked about it for about eight months!

I am planning to write a thorough run-down of the race, but right now I am extremely tired so a quick synopsis will have to do!

Swim: Best race swim I have ever done. I was the calmest I have ever been, once the horn sounded, I swam smooth and actually got in a good rhythm, and I didn't have to fix my goggles!

Bike: I forced myself to take it pretty easy so I could still run after. I completely enjoyed the scenery around me and loved the ride.

Run: Hardest run I have ever done in my life. I ended up walking the big hills, but still hit my goal time!

I was overcome with emotion when I was running through the finisher chute and while cheering my dad into the finish. Tears welled up, but did not fall. Thank goodness, because I am an ugly crier!

I was overwhelmed all weekend with the love and support I received. We have an amazing family.













No comments:

Post a Comment