"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tropic 2014

We decided we could swing heading down to Tropic for a few days to meet up with Nate and Meg while they were camping. I dread the packing and the drive, but once we get there it is always so worth it. The scenery is beautiful and the weather is a nice change from home.
The cousins were such a huge help with Terran and I truly felt like I had a few "me" moments that were much needed.
We weren't getting a lot of sleep so we decided to head home just a little early so Zach could prepare for a work trip. Still, we packed in some fishing at the reservoir (where Terran just fought me to get in the water so I took him on a hike where we followed some deer), a hike with Olivia where Zach and Terran found a horny toad and we out ran a rainstorm, a ride with everyone to the traditional lookout, a trip into Bryce Canyon, and some time sitting by the fire.
I was able to go on a beautiful trail run, which is something I have been wanting to get into. It was such a great workout and relaxing alone time. There are a few hikes that leave right from the campground and every year I am amazed that no one does them, so I did those for my run and it was amazing. There are pine trees all over and then out of nowhere there are the infamous red cliffs known to that area. 

We were so glad that we made the trip. On the drive home, we talked about how it was great to break up the monotony of our everyday lives. With Zach's work trips, homework, work, and my exercise, the days seem to mostly consist of the same things so the change was much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment