"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, November 6, 2014

A heart full of love.

One morning I was able to make Terran some pancakes that he actually ate. I looked over at him and had the most overwhelming feeling of love. It was so strong I almost started crying! It was the weirdest experience but I just tried to take it in and remember what it felt like because it was simply amazing.

Motherhood has been so different than my expectations. Some things have been much harder. Some things I am not nearly as good at as I expected and wanted to be. Some days are so frustrating. But then there are the positive things that are also different than I expected. How nice it is to be held just for comfort. How much power a child's smile has. And, the feelings of love. Love truly is an indescribable emotion that has the power to overcome all other emotion. I wish I could store that feeling I had that morning and pull it out whenever I felt like it because it was the greatest gift I have felt from being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment