"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving

We got to host Thanksgiving again because Zach was flying out to Guam the morning after and we didn't want to travel after dinner on Thanksgiving. My parents came up and Scott came down. Our friends Robyn and Brad came with their little boy.

I ran the Thankful 13 half marathon in the morning. I hadn't eaten much or slept much the past week and it definitely showed around mile 8. It was pretty rough but, as always, I felt pretty accomplished afterward. Plus I knew I could eat as much as I wanted. :) I think I like the idea of a 10k more than a half marathon on Thanksgiving though. It's such a family holiday and 10k's take less of that family time.

Thank goodness my mom was there to help with the meal. We worked together the majority of the day, cooking and talking. Everything turned out perfectly! Each item tasted great and everything was warm when it was supposed to be! I tried a new rosemary turkey breast and Zach said it was his favorite part. That always makes me happy. :)

Dad enjoyed himself some football, which I always love since he doesn't get to much. The guys all talked and watched the games. Terran and Cohen played some, mostly enjoying the backyard. The different atmosphere got to both of them a little bit, but if you put yourself in their shoes it is totally understandable.

Of course, it was great to think about what we are grateful for. Enjoying the day as a family makes all the waiting for the holiday worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment