"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year Resolutions

I really like new year resolutions because it is a chance to challenge myself and remind myself to work on things that are important to me. This year I have decided to do a few things.
Last year I decided my resolution for this year was to decorate for all the celebrated holidays, at least one thing. I tried to buy things on sale throughout the year and got a good start. I am excited to see how it goes!
I decided to drink the water bottles a day. This is a hard health habit for me! Once I get out of the habit it is hard to get back into. So that's why it is a resolution. So far I haven't been perfect, but I have definitely gotten better and think about it more.
My other two goals are spiritual in nature. I want to attend the temple monthly. Since having Terran, it seems so hard to go to the temple and even though I have planned to several times, my plans don't usually work out (thanks to Satan, I'm sure!) Needing a babysitter to go together makes it hard since we rarely use babysitters, and my alone time feels quite limited. However, as a resolution, I plan to attend more and see the effect it has of bringing the spirit more into my life.
My grandma also emailed a few weeks ago and asked if some of us want to participate in a 100 day challenge of reading the Book of Mormon.  Another habit that is hard for me to maintain! I have a really hard time staying consistent and to be honest, staying interested in the book. But, since our prophets have reiterated it's importance and I know it has helped change many lives, I am willing to put forth the effort to read more consistently. Thank you Grandma for the example and motivation!

Those are the little changes I will be working on in my life this year and I am excited for the health and happiness I find.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment