"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dogtown Half Marathon

I thought a lot about whether or not I should run the Dogtown Half again. It was my first half and I loved it so I wanted to, but I had been running a lot of races and wondered if I should cut back. In the end, I got a discount code and decided to run it! Amanda was planning on running it too, so that was exciting, but she ended up with a hurt knee and couldn't run. I was pregnant and not planning on pushing it so I had little pressure and really just wanted to enjoy myself.
I loved [almost] all of it! There was a point I needed to use the restroom and had to slow down and deal with that for a few miles. Once I was finally able to go (first time using a Porta potty during a race!) I was able to think more about the run. That was about when it got harder though! I knew I was on track for right around two hours. Since I have always been under two I decided to make sure it happened again. I knocked out the hills like a champ and it made me happy because I love hills but hadn't been training on them much. They changed the course a little bit and the last mile was a lot better so I was able to kick it into gear and finish feeling great. I saw my dad with about 50 yards to the finish line turn and couldn't keep the big smile off my face. Once I turned, Amanda was there cheering me on. I ran through the finish at 1:59 and feeling happy!
After the race I was able to introduce myself to the owner of a race pacing team here in Utah. I had been wanting to pace for a while but never got around to signing up. After meeting him, I was able to get him my info and just like that I could sign up to pace. I'm excited for the opportunity to experience a different kind of racing and become involved with the pacing aspect!








No comments:

Post a Comment