"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Kanarraville Falls with Dave and Burt

Dave and Burt were going to be at my parents' house for a day or two at the end of their rafting trip. Zach was staying in Ogden for work, so it worked out quite well for Terran and me to go down and see them. I'm always impressed with how well we have all kept in touch with the physical distance between us. I knew that its making little efforts like a three hour drive that can make the difference.

I had seen pictures of the Kanarraville Falls and realized it was quite close to my parents' house, so I asked if everyone would want to go. They were game so we made it happen. It was so beautiful and definitely worth the time. It is my new favorite hike in Southern Utah. During the hike, I talked with my dad how I love being active and it makes life so much more enjoyable. We were all still able to visit a lot, but see gorgeous scenery while we did.

The first evening we had a barbecue and caught up on things. They all pitched in stories about the river trip that I loved hearing about. The second night, after the hike, we went to Benja's for dinner and had a nice evening. Of course, it went by too quickly, but I was so grateful for the little bit of time we could spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment