"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Texas trip!

Our trip to Texas was great. The flight there went flawlessly with free checked bags, Terran's excitement, then him sleeping on the plane the whole way. Brad and the kids picked us up and we were so excited to get there and play.

Lindsey went into labor that night, so I never saw her belly but at least it was perfect timing to see little Brooklyn as a newborn.

We spent the week playing in the sprinklers, going to the zoo, visiting Lindsey and Tanner, watching Prison Break with Brad and Amanda after the kids went to bed, watching Jason play football, and getting to hang out as family should. I often have to distract myself when thoughts of living close to the Barrett's and the Forman's invade my mind because it makes me so sad that we can't see each other for Sunday dinner or come over to play during the week. However, it helps to be grateful for what we do have and I am glad that we are able to keep a good long-distance relationship and still be able to see each other a few times a year.

I loved having one on one time with both Brad and Lindsey because when we get together it is so often a family affair (which is great) but it was nice to just spend time as siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment