"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Independence Day

We were able to go to the Lehi Round Up parade which was the week before the 4th. It was so fun for Terran to see the fire trucks and the floats. He liked getting candy but really wasn't die hard about it, which I found to be sweet. 

Our neighborhood did a July 3rd celebration, with neighbors gathering in a dead end of the street. They had fun fireworks for the little kids and there was ice cream and popsicles. We invited the Houstons and headed down with the Freemans. It was fun to watch the kids interact and get excited about Pop-Its and sparklers. Terran got tired before it got dark. He swung his arm and said "ready to go" so I knew he wanted to go home. I didn't mind missing the big fireworks because we had a good time.

On the 4th, I got up early to run the Riverton Country 10k. I was excited to race again, but hadn't really prepped well. I ran it in 51:xx, took 1st in my age group and 9th overall. It was a great way to start off the day. 

We then headed to a pool party and BBQ at Lacey's mom's house, where we met a lot of new people and let Terran run around. We ended up leaving early because Zach had to work the Stadium of Fire again, and I decided to take Terran home to nap. I was pretty sad to be without Zach on such a patriotic holiday. 

Terran and I did more sparklers and Pop-Its. I had to do a fire too so I could light the sparklers because the breeze was enough that matches weren't working. I suppose that made it more fun! Terran had fun, but once I thought to take pictures he wouldn't give me the time of day! I wasn't going to try to see fireworks since he goes to sleep before they start, but he showed signs of being able to stay awake so I loaded him up in the car and headed to Thanksgiving Point. There were so many great fireworks already going off that we watched them the whole way. We parked and I was trying to get Terran to the park to get a spot, but he didn't really want to get out of the car. So we watched fireworks with the windows down then headed home. I was a bit sad to miss the show, but we got such a good show already that it was okay. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment