"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tropic 2015

We went to Tropic again this summer. We couldn't wait to get out where there was no cell service and just have Zach to ourselves, no phones being carried everywhere! We went planning on just enjoying our time in the mountains, and we did. Terran loved playing with Kenton, Zach got in shooting and fishing, and I had time to read and relax.

It rained a lot this year, but we still managed to have a great time. Terran now associated thunder and lightening with the fishing boat, because every time we went out, a storm brewed and came our way. He seemed to really enjoy floating along, but didn't really care to do anything with the fish Zach caught.

My parents came up for two nights. Since we do Tropic with Zach's family, that was a fun little change.

I always think about how much we camped as kids and how impressive my parents are with how they did it. We always did the primitive style, and I only have good memories of camping. Now that I am a parent, I realize that it was a lot of work, but they were amazing at it! Zach and I really enjoy going, so I just hope we can help our kids make wonderful memories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment