"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 21, 2015

Logan

Zach's unit was doing an exercise in Logan for a week so I decided to head up for a few days to spend time with him.

I have been thinking about going to Bear Lake all summer. Since we were going to be in Logan I thought we could just jaunt over, not realizing it was another hour away. Paige and her kids were going so we decided to go anyway. There had been fires in the area so the air was extremely hazy, but the drive there was absolutely beautiful and the lake was huge. I don't remember ever going there so I think it was my first time.
We went on the Idaho side of the lake and found a nice sandy spot for the kids to play in the sand. I wanted to rent a kayak or paddle board, but there wasn't any rental close by. The water was still pretty chilly, but we did go in a few times. It was really shallow even after walking out far, which is great with kids! We picnicked and played around for a few hours, then headed to town for an infamous raspberry shake. It was delicious.

That night Zach let me go for a run and I found my way to the temple. It is a unique temple as it isn't completely white, but it was beautiful!

The next day we went to a park and wildlife zoo. Terran seems to really enjoy outings with friends.

We got to have dinner with Zach both nights but really didn't feel like we got a lot of time with him. We headed home Wednesday so we could make it to my basketball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment