"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Being Happy

I titled this post several weeks ago and haven't yet gotten to writing it. As it is, I have very little free time lately so my blog is getting neglected. I hate getting behind on it so I am going to write the few thoughts I have on this subject to at least remember some of it.

I feel like I have been going through a hard year or two. Somehow I got down on myself a lot and became insecure with my talents and my relationships. I didn't feel that my friendships were genuine and I analyzed what was wrong with me to prevent quality friendships. These kind of thoughts snowball for me and before I knew it I was second guessing myself in several different areas of life. My over-thinking mind dwelled on the subject a lot, and though I contemplated the negative, I also recognized that it wasn't good and I was the one with the power to change it.

I started focusing less on myself and more on caring for others. I focused on my strengths and allowed myself to have weaknesses that didn't have to bring me down. I embraced new experiences to broaden my learning and my hobbies. I highlighted the good in my life. I was blessed with good friendships in my neighborhood that I fostered and appreciated. I was real with those women and we have developed friendships that are real and cherished. I made a conscious effort to focus on the positive things in my life (which are many!). I eliminated some of the social media that I felt brought me down or made me focus on negatives. I have tried to accept that though there is good and bad in the world and in life, the bad doesn't need to bring us down and the good should be highlighted and enjoyed.

Changing my thought processes and trying to eliminate the negative feelings have made a world of difference for me. I no longer worry when I meet new people whether or not they will like me. I like myself and that is what matters. As long as I am a nice and loving person who is trying to be a good and righteous person, if they do not like me, that is really not my problem. I don't second guess everything I say and talk about with people. I realize I make mistakes as a wife and mom, but I try to correct them and improve in my weak areas. I take care of myself and feel pretty that way, even if I do not get around to dressing up everyday. I have found my priorities and I focus on those to make the best life for my family.

It is my hope to maintain this mindset and remain a positive person. Life is really better this way!

3 comments:

  1. I think you and I are a lot a like when it comes to the way we think and analyze things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and I are a lot a like when it comes to the way we think and analyze things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi you are an amazing Mom and I know your friends think the world of you and as far as the family goes we love you lots! Try not to put so much pressure on yourself and enjoy every day as much as you can. One thing I have learned, worrying gets you nowhere! Love you!

    ReplyDelete