"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Ice castles

I have wanted to go to the ice castles for a couple years, so this year I got tickets. Go figure the day I scheduled turned out to be hectic and then stormy, but luckily I got to reschedule and we went on a nice night.

I didn't know what Terran would think, but he got really excited as we got there. Anna and Elsa from the Frozen movie were there so he loved that idea. We were waiting in line for a picture but he got too excited to see the castles and booked it in the entrance. It was really cool! I knew it was something Zach would really like too and he did! There was an ice slide that we did time after time, slot canyons that Terran expertly navigated, way too rich hot cocoa that seemed to make Terran happy, and we got pictures with Anna and Elsa at the end...but Terran refused to look. He also refused his coat the whole night, even when he was cold. Too much excitement I guess!

The next week Terran asked me three times if we could go back. Too bad they were closed for the season. :(

It was worth the hour drive and turned into a wonderful family night.

No comments:

Post a Comment