"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Valentine's weekend

I tried to plan something exciting for Valentine's day. I enlisted the help of my parents to come watch Terran and planned a day date with an overnight stay to surprise Zach with. We discussed it and he didn't want to because he has started traveling a ton again this year and just misses home, and I agreed that it would be better to save the hotel money and spend quality time with Terran and my parents.

We went to tsunami for lunch and then went cross country skiing. I had originally planned snowshoeing but when we got there we picked cross country instead. I did it once like ten years ago and Zach did once when he was 14, so we were a little shaky out there. I thought I would be awesome but like fifteen minutes in I was seriously considering going to ask if we could switch to snowshoes! Zach was good from the start but it took me several times around one of the trails to feel comfortable. Right when I started having fun Zach was getting tired and ready to go! It's a workout! We got our fill, enjoyed the mountain air - it was sunny and 41 degrees where the valley had a weeks worth of inversion and was cold- and then we headed home. Driving back, we laughed at the realization that we always cut our planned dates short to get back to Terran. :)

Time spent alone together is truly valuable and we are able to enjoy each others real company...not distracted by obligations, work, or Terran's needs.

We picked up a movie to watch with my parents to finish out the night. Zach and I knew they would like it and we had a great time.

Sunday I planned a steak dinner based on all of Zach's requests and we enjoyed our Valentine's feast with Mom and Dad. We love celebrating holidays with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment