"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Girls' weekend

I have become really good friends with several of the ladies in my neighborhood. We have tried to do a girls night, but with the holidays and crazy schedules it never worked out. One day, Jen and April decided to go to Vegas for the weekend, and as luck would have it, we all could go! Everything came together wonderfully and we made the plans. I drove separate to drop Terran at my parents and to be able to stay at their house a few extra days.
We went to a really nice restaurant for dinner and walked the strip. We then we got treats and stayed up until 3 am chatting.
The next morning I spent time at the gym and we hung by the pool all day. It was the perfect relaxation. That night we went to Fremont street, which I wished I skipped because I only had gotten four hours of sleep and that place was not my idea of a fun atmosphere. Still, I loved the company.
We checked out Sunday morning, and I was able to go see my friend Nicole who lives in Vegas and I hadn't seen her in over four years! 
I got to visit with her and her new baby then with her husband and kids. It was such a wonderful visit. They truly have the Spirit in their home and that was quite refreshing after my previous night!
It was such a great experience to have some time to myself and only have to worry about me. In fact, it was so strange I had to force myself not to worry about anyone or anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment