"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My 27th birthday

I posted on Instagram that this was the best birthday I have had in years. As I thought back over the last few years, I had some great birthdays. The one that is standing out is the Rage race at Lake Mead. But my insta statement came more from my emotional experience yesterday. Previously this year, I talked with Zach about what makes me feel special, happy, and loved. It's less about gifts and more about thought and quality time. He took it to heart and made my day perfect. Every other little thing fell into place and there were several thoughtful surprises when everything combined made me claim the best birthday in years. :)

To start off, I woke up by myself. Meaning I woke up before Terran. Rare occurence. And I got to lay in bed for a minute and Zach immediately wished me happy birthday. Then the day turned out sunny even though the forecast said rain for a week! We had breakfast with Zach's parents before they headed home. Zach took extra care to help with breakfast. He then played with Terran so I could go to the gym, and while I was gone they made me a beautiful and meaningful homemade card. The second I pulled in Terran told me he signed a card and had to show me. They also surprised me with a trailer for our bikes so we can pull Terran around. It was a great gift because I love surprises and I in no way expected it! We had lunch then loaded up to try out the new trailer with a family bike ride. Terran wanted to ride his bike instead though so it wasn't as easy of a ride as anticipated, but I still got to spend time with the people I love in the sunshine being active.
When we got home, somehow I got to take a nap while we all hung out in the living room.
Then Zach informed me we were going to dinner without Terran -meaning he arranged a sitter. This was his first time doing that ever and I know he was trying to make my birthday special! We got sushi at Tsunami then brought the mint chocolate cake Sandy made for me over to Lacey's to share with them and get Terran. Terran and Cal helped me blow out the candles and in that moment I felt true happiness.
When I got home, I found a bouquet of roses and a perfect present on the front porch from a few of my friends and I truly felt special. I don't think of myself as a very good gift giver but feeling how great it made me feel made me want to become better so I can help my loved ones feel that same way!
Such a wonderful way to start off year 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment