"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day

Mom and Dad were in town for Memorial Day and we all signed up to do the 1 Mile Run of Remembrance race. I have done this race four years in a row and I have usually done it alone, so I was excited we were all doing it. Considering my state,  I planned to walk. It was Terran's first race so I wasn't sure what to expect. We brought the stroller and as we anticipated the start he went from excited to hesitant to saying he didn't want to, but once we started going and people were running he had fun. It only took a few minutes before he wanted out of the stroller to run. That kid is fast! While Dad pushed the stroller and Mom walked due to a hurt toe, Zach and I would run to keep up with Terran and be there when he thought he might be done. His little bursts of runs were so entertaining! He seemed to really get tired around .70 miles. I ended up carrying him some then, but we turned the corner and the red finish arch was up ahead and I was able to get him excited to finish. We were all together at this point. Zach ran up ahead to get some awesome pictures while Terran rode on my shoulders with glee. It was one of the best finish line crosses, with him up there cheering and laughing as we all crossed together! 

We spent the rest of the day together with tin foil dinners, island music playing, and the hose on in the backyard. Such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment