"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 8, 2016

3 Months

Kenna is our little sweetheart. I feel like I already know so much of her personality. She is calm and content, but has expectations that she insists upon. She has a sweet spirit that invites nothing but love. She has a soft smile, but has reserved her laughs for the most part. She didn't really nurse to sleep until Zach and I got food poisoning and it was the only option, and now she loves and prefers that. She also resists nursing unless we are in my room lying on the bed, and sometimes she just refuses even when I know she is hungry. She does well in the wrap and carrier, but if she is wide awake she is not content because she likes to see the world. She loves standing on her chunky legs.

Kenna has torticollis and plagiocephaly  (flat head) so we have done physical therapy and carry her alot. We have worked a lot on tummy time and sitting to help her head round out. She has improved a lot and I am so proud of her. 

She is my snuggle buddy (when she is sleepy) and I love her hugs. She grasps my hair and gazes at me while she eats. The last few days she has started grasping my hand on purpose and if I sit by her she reaches out and rests her hand on me. I feel as if we are bonding more daily right now. The love and bond I feel as a mother is one of my most cherished gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment