"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 9, 2016

4 months

Kenna Rose is already four months old. She has extra smiles for her daddy (and he does for her too!). She can roll from her back to her side. She is almost sitting but will gradually fall forward so it isn't safe to leave her yet. She is in 12 month clothes! She was 99% in all size categories. She is a little tongue tied and lip tied, but since she is eating fine (though she sometimes refuses she is still getting enough!) The doctor suggested waiting to do anything about it until she is 2 or 3 and the dentist can fix it with a laser. I'm hoping it won't even need it as she grows because the thought of cutting in her mouth is just so sad.
Kenna loves playing with her brother. He gives her horsey rides and shoulder rides (with my help of course) and she will grasp at his face and suck on his cheek. He is so gentle and loving with her and eats up her attention.
We are having some of the same sleep issues that drove me bonkers with Terran. Loves to nurse to sleep, multiple night awakenings, short naps. It is so frustrating and I feel like it is my fault since they both are doing the same thing. I'm working on a game plan to prevent the nursing to sleep...but man, it is so much easier in the short run!
Kenna learned an angry scream sometime in the last few weeks. Now she definitely knows how to let you know when she isn't happy. I don't remember Terran having anything that piercing! Aside from when she uses that new talent, she is typically calm and sweet, maybe a little squirmy because she likes to see what's going on.
She wraps her little arms around my neck...I wonder if it is on purpose or not but it happens often so I assume she likes it like I do! She rubs her eyes like crazy when she is sleepy and it actually keeps her awake. She is really oral and is almost always happy to suck on something, though she never took a binky and will only suck about one ounce from a bottle.

My baby girl is getting big so fast and I just love her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment