"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Life with my two littles

My days are so full that I often think of loved ones and realize that so much time has passed since I have been able to talk to them. I wake before I am ready and almost never stop before night. Several times I have noticed my days are spent doing one thing right after the other without time between. My main complaint with this lifestyle is though it is spent all on my beautiful family, it's not all spent 100% at their attention. It simply isn't possible to give Terran 100% of my attention nor give Kenna 100% of my attention. I want to give them both all of my minutes but like I said, it's impossible. I'm working really hard on making the most of my time with each of them. I conciously put my phone away to enjoy the moment completely. I hold Kenna a moment longer because I know this stage of life will pass all too quickly. I stroke Terran's hair and hold his hand. When he cries and asks me to hold him, I try to drop whatever I am doing to do just that. As it is, he is so big I don't know how much longer those requests will last.
I'm constantly exhausted, but constantly reminded that these sweet little kids of mine are growing every single day and one day they will no longer need me so I'm trying to give them the best of me while they need it. My patience can get short when there seems to be too many needs that I can't meet them all, but I try to quickly check whatever attitude arises and remember to treat my little babes with love, because that is what matters most.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me at what a wonderful Mom you are, do not doubt that you are doing a fabulous job at the toughest job in the world! Love you Lots!!

    ReplyDelete