"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Varicose Vein Surgery

About two and a half weeks ago I had varicose vein surgery. I found a great doctor while coaching last year. He was the dad of one of my players. I talked to him about the pain and went to his office while pregnant and he got me the compression socks. He said to come in after baby, so I did and my problem was still there. I decided to do the surgery. It was in office and I was awake the whole time, but I couldn't bring myself to look at what he was doing. I walked out with a fully bandaged leg and instructions to not run for two weeks. Here we are two weeks later...my bruising is still there but is finally fading. It feels as though my vein is stretched taut (he told me it would) but I'm thinking it was a success and I hope to not have to deal with this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment