"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

The buildup to Christmas this year was exciting because Terran embraced the idea of Santa and loved to talk about it. Santa came to Zach's Christmas party and Terran was excited to get on his lap and discuss presents. Kenna wasn't scared at all and I'm so glad!

We had decided to go to Texas on Christmas day, so we got to experience Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house. We kept with many traditions, some on a smaller scale because it was just us, but I love celebrating Christmas.

We got to visit Santa, visit Temple Square, we drove around looking at Christmas lights, we made Santa cookies on Christmas Eve, and Terran had lots of Christmas waffles all month.

I liked adding Christmas waffles into our celebration. In the future I also want to do gingerbread houses, probably on Christmas Eve. I missed seeing a live nativity this year. I loved that Santa left a little present outside Terran's door. He sent a little wish up on Christmas Eve that Santa would and he did! It was exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment