"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunbeams

Terran never really went to nursery consistently or on his own, so I was a bit apprehensive about how he would feel about becoming a Sunbeam in Primary.

I tried to prep him some through the week by talking about it more, I sang him the Sunbeam song, and we saw the Sunbeams from the other ward waiting for their parents and I explained how I would be there to pick him up when he was done.

We were the first ones in the room because we stepped out of sacrament early, but I showed him where he would sit and he discovered the microphone and was super happy about it. As kids started to trickle in, I hovered a little, then kissed him goodbye. He kissed me but seemed a little sad. He didn't ask to come with me or ask me to stay though. I was tempted to stick around but thought it would be better for him to do it by himself.

I had multiple people tell me how great he did, he sat in his chair the whole time, and when I went to pick him up, he was radiant! He was so excited to see me and tell me things that it made me feel so good inside! So much worry about the little guy and he did great. I feel like he is ready for something a little more so this was good timing. I think it will lead him into preschool really well. He is growing up right before my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment