"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 26, 2017

St. Patty's Day

I was really excited about St. Patty's Day this year. One night for our bedtime story, I pulled up a YouTube video of a lady reading a leprechaun book. I'd been wanting to get some from the library but hadn't yet and that popped into my head. Terran was surprisingly into it. It explained how leprechauns can't help but get into mischief, even on the way to put a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It was cute and set a base for us to talk about leprechauns for a few weeks. We were at my parents' visiting Lindsey, so I told Terran I thought the leprechauns would find us there. And they did! They tissue papered the hallways so Terran had to break through on his way out. They peed green in the toilet and left little footprints. Zach and Terran built a leprechaun trap the night before to try and catch him, but he used his magic to get out of the trap. He left treats behind for Terran though. His little footprints escaped through the kitty door. Terran followed them all the way and tried to find out where the leprechaun disappeared to. He was excited and explained what happened to me over and over!
This might be one of my new favorite holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment