"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 2, 2017

Car crash

Totaled the Pilot. I ran a red light while trying to listen to Zach and calm Terran down in the back. It didn't register that the light was red until I saw the Suburban coming into the intersection. I slammed on my brakes but she still hit me.

Turns out, it all was good. Biggest thing, nobody got hurt. I think we got more for our car than we would if we had tried to sell it. It forced us to get a new car, so now we wouldn't have two that are more than a decade old.

Terran had opinions about what car we got as a replacement.

Terran said, this time let's buy a race car. And it will be his. But mom will drive it since he can't but it will be his.

We looked at a white minivan and when we went back to look at a gray one (Zach insisted on the gray), he was insistent that we get the white. So I told him it was a batmobile that Batman dropped off there. It took some work but it convinced him that we got the cool one. Now we are in the minivan stage of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment